Senior IT Security Engineer
Looking for a candidate with 2-4 years Infrastructure, Enterprise, Security, OS, Networking, SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewalls, Applications Security
- Requires bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology field. CISSP certification a plus.
- Requires 4 years of relevant computer systems experience focusing on Information Security, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Thorough understanding of risk analysis and audit tracking.
- Thorough knowledge of local area and wide area network architectures (LAN/WAN), and in-depth and current knowledge of data processing and programming concepts. Experience with network design, routing design and open system security issues.
- Command of office automation tools (Microsoft Professional Suite, Exchange e-mail, etc.)
- Familiarity with current common paradigms for violating system integrity.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of hospital personnel, vendors and IT personnel.
- Must possess the ability to deliver clear, concise communications and presentations. Must be able to train others quickly and thoroughly on key IT concepts.
- Expert knowledge with security role based access for Epic and other enterprise clinical applications.
- Works with IT management, risk managers, corporate compliance, and clinical teams. Ensures organization compliance with the security sections of Federal and State regulations including HIPAA, and JCAHO standards.
- Monitor, respond to, tune, analyze alerts from network and systems monitoring tools (SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewalls etc.); administer rules and policies for same
- Function as web/application security subject matter expert and liaison to internal Edelman teams (both technical and non-technical) for relevant projects.
- Research, analyze, and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify security deficiencies or to enhance security performance.
- Participate as a member of team providing pertinent security information and input to strategic and tactical planning; initiatives and projects planning.
- Develop technical security standards in support of information security policies and principles
- Train other Security Engineers on processes, procedures, and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of technical security solutions (ie IDS/IPS, secure remote access, authentication, traditional and next gen Firewalls, encryption, VPNs, SIEMs, application security, advanced malware detection, vulnerability management, and other relevant domains)