Materials Planning Support with German - Den Bosch
The Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Extensive Planning and steering of customer orders under the consideration of and compliance with capacities, order times and inventory limitations and delivery performance (monitoring ship-to-request). Delivery dates with the responsible departments and stakeholders to be phased, defined and confirmed in own responsibility under normal circumstances. As a result, production plans are to be set, aligned and triggered.
- Realise and identify delivery difficulties and initiate measurements to fulfil delivery dates (e.g. replacement purchase, adjusting production and delivery sequence) or differing dates to be aligned with Customer Service.
- Schedule parts/materials for assuring an undisturbed material supply in terms of quantities and delivery dates, in alignment with general and existing specifications
- Guarantee deliveries in terms of quantities and dates also in critical situations.
- Correct and monitor proactively demand, based on data and IT-systems, control delivery schedule, adjust surplus materials and wrong parts.
- Plan material demand based on historical data, economics and supply guarantee
- Generate and release delivery schedules and align with suppliers (both internal and external); dispose special parts (critical in manufacturing and for customers).
- Review, approve and release orders, demand as well as delivery situations, remind deliveries and receipt of material and products.
- Initiate measurements of guaranteeing production and customer deliveries in case of shortages and other delivery problems (e.g. delivery shortage, quality issues, force majeure), such as alternative suppliers under the pre-requisite of quality, economics and reliability).
- Perform re-planning and internal alignment and clarifications.
- Clarify and verify demand as well as delivery opportunities.
- Order critical parts on time and well ahead.
- Support inventory inspection and planning as well as optimisation.
- Support plans for scrapping and surplus and not needed material.
- Support displacements.
- Propose solutions to improve Planning KPIs with Supply Chain & Analytics.
- Support Supply Chain team actively for all performance improvements as well as in capacity management
- Close cooperation with BU Automotive EMEA Planning team as well as Supply Chain team, Customer Service, Logistics and Allocation.
- Manage mid-long term escalations with suppliers to customers.
- Define demand & supply characteristics and propose optimize segmentation and planning strategies.
- Supply & communicate best practice to Planners in key user community.
- Special projects.
- Degree in Business Administration / Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a Supplier Planning & Supply Chain.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-organized, structured/methodical, takes initiative.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, other languages would be a plus.
- Excellent SAP & Process Knowledge.
- Core values for this role: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation.