IT Salesperson/Account Manager
Oak Brook, IL
*$60-90K Base, 2nd year commission anticipated to be $70-80K additional*
Prestigious Professional Services Firm that serves only local clients is in need of an experienced Account Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will retain and grow existing accounts as well as pursue new, profitable relationships. This position reports to the Presidents and is focused on selling and supporting our complete product and service offering.
- Retains and profitably grows sales volume, and profitability through proactive management of customer relationships
- Participates in rhythm of the business with pipeline reviews, account planning, education sessions.
- Penetrates assigned accounts by:
- Selling new or additional products or services to current buyers; and/or
- Finding additional buyers within the existing customer location, etc.
- Assists marketing to evangelize our products with our customer base
- Generate in-person and web-based meetings
- Provides feedback on solutions being sought by customers
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management
- Develops customer account plans as needed for all assigned customers by leading a joint company/customer planning process that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success
- Proactively manages customers' satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction
- Enlists the support of advisors, specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed
- Full support of a pre-sales team with Level 1 and 2 expertise
- Works closely with customer advocates, project managers, management and others as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business and or computer science beneficial
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment
- Microsoft proficiency and solid understanding of business intelligence, collaboration, infrastructure and security domains.