Our client in Edinburgh require a Head of Policy to join their team, on a 23 month contract. You will be joining an on-going Public Inquiry based in the city centre. This a high profile role, where you will be working closely with the Inquiry's Solicitor, Chair and Counsel.
You will be involved in support the Inquiry with upcoming case studies, and preparing recommendation reports for publication.
* Excellent research and analytical skills
* A flexible and adaptable attitude and the ability to work as part of an independent, close-knit team
* Highly effective interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with complex and sensitive issues
* Evidence of a very high level of credibility and confidence in managing internal and external relationships
* An ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities using initiative and creative thinking
* Experience of overseeing the delivery of complex large scale projects or programmes
* The ability to familiarise yourself rapidly with the relevant legislation and background to the Inquiry
* Knowledge and experience of research/policy in relation to children in care, adult survivors of child abuse. Personal resilience and the ability to deal with what can be a distressing subject matter
* The ideal candidate would also have experience of working in a public inquiry, and knowledge/experience of working with vulnerable groups
* Experience of IT database systems for the storage and retrieval of evidence would be advantageous, as well as experience of project management tools eg Microsoft Project
Please apply using the link below to be considered. Interviews for this role will take place on Thursday 1st March, with a start date to follow ASAP thereafter. Basic Disclosure Scotland required.
|Job Title||Head of Policy and Research|
|Job Classification||HR / Recruitment|
|Location||Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom|
|Key Words||Our client in Edinburgh require a Head of Policy to join their team, on a 23 month contract. You wil|