HR Business Transformation and Change Manager
JOB TITLE: HR People Transformation and Change Implementation Lead
RESPONSIBLE TO: Human Resources Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: HR People Transformation and Change Implementation team functions - Various
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST:
- To own and manage all HR people related Business Transformation and Change agendas, including the prioritisation and organisation of workloads, in accordance with business priorities.
- To provide a comprehensive and professional HR people related Business Transformation and Change service to the business focusing on:
- Delivering major projects such as pre sales tender support strategy and presentation, through to TUPE activity ownership, both in and out;
- Managing value for money and cost budgets in all HR people related Business Transformation and Change activates;
- Managing all Company Policies and Procedures for up to-date effectiveness and best practice, in line with legislative requirements;
- Continually enhancing on the people related Performance Management Framework;
- Support and enablement of all people related business planning change agenda's;
- Acting as a strategic adviser and Co-ordinator on the wider people efficiency agenda topic to the wider HR team and beyond.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be responsible for the planning, management and progression of all people related Business Transformation activities in an efficient and effective manner with particular focus on identifying and securing efficiencies and improvements in services across the Company and meeting the wider corporate efficiency agenda.
- To lead on and co-ordinate on all be-spoke HR people related Business Transformation and Change activities, as in Main Purposes of The Post' above.
- Be the HR lead for all efficiency reviews/projects as appropriate.
- To be responsible for all HR people related change agenda activities, including but not limited to pre sales support, TUPE, work/job performance reorganisation, redundancies and Trade Union interaction.
- To undertake and manage major projects and ad hoc assignments as requested by the Human Resources Director.
- To effectively manage the HR People Transformation and Change teams in accordance with designated programme requirements, ensuring timely delivery and intervention is achieved, with the identification of opportunities to improve the service offering and value for money of such to the Company and our clients as a direct result.
- To manage all policy and procedure system maintenance requirements, ensuring relevant, transparent and easy to understand language is used at all times.
- Assist other HR team members in requested corporate activities, eg joint working and shared service initiatives, projects and Audit issues.
- To deputise for the Human Resources Director as and when appropriate.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF POST
- Excellent communication in both written and verbal form and interpersonal skills to effect change in Policies and Procedures to those as maybe required is essential.
- Advanced theoretical practical and procedural knowledge of people related Project Management, Value for Money and Quality and Efficiency related techniques are essential.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays for the proper performance of the role holder's duties is required.
- Attendance at various Committees are required.
- To undertake the duties of the post with minimal general supervision.
1. Demonstrated understanding and significant experience of the changing role affective people related modernisation agendas.
2. A thorough knowledge and demonstrable understanding of Trade Union relationships, the Efficiency Agenda, Value for Money and people related Business Improvement Techniques, with the ability to apply these successfully to deliver continuous improvement and the development of staff systems and service.
3. Strong audit, research, analytical and problem solving skills.
4. Ability to persuade, negotiate and influence at all levels.
5. Project Management, Leadership and Team Working Skills.
6. Ability to apply discretion and initiative in dealing with complex issues.
1. A demonstrated ability to evaluate developments in the people related business and service review agenda, with the ability to offer quantifiable advise to others as appropriate.
2. Ability to use IT to meet the requirements of the job.
1. Supervising/managing others and conducting of reviews.
2. Active involvement in the new procurement agenda.
3. Active involvement in and understanding of the identification and progressing of current and future people related transformation and change projects.
4. Specialised experience in the following:
- Corporate, Strategic and Service Planning;
- Efficiency and Best Value for Money planning;
- Management Systems and Reporting;
- Project Management.
5. Co-operative working across various service area boundaries.
6. Writing and presenting reports to Senior Officers and Elected Members.
7. Successful track record in direct management of employees.
8. Chairing Member and Officer Working Groups.
1. Conducting consultation exercises.
2. Consultancy Experience
Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or with a relevant professional or management qualification.
Evidence of continuous professional development by relevant management and supervisory training and experience.
HR People Transformation and Change Implementation Lead