A Leading Merchant Banking firm are looking to hire an experienced Senior Accountant.
- The role principally involves the responsibility for the delivery of all required statutory financial and accounting activities undertaken by the Finance team, including the monthly financial reporting and commentary on performance, the planning and oversight of the year-end and statutory audit as well as the management, training and development of the team.
- The core role is technical and hands-on.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be an integral part of the team, participate in developing and enhancing processes, prepare management accounts, post accounting entries and be involved in the detailed day to day finance operations and transactions.
Financial Reporting, Planning & Control:
- -Assist the GFD (Group Finance Director) with the preparation of the Group Annual report, Consolidated and individual Financial Statements under Full IFRS
- Review/Prepare monthly management accounts for each business unit and provide explanations for material variance from budget
- Manage and have oversight of the month end balance sheet reconciliations for all entities managed; ensure all accounts are fully reconciled each month
- Review, prepare and process month end journals for accruals, deferred and accrued income, payroll and recharges etc
Commercial and management:
- Provide a full and finished product to the GFD in respect of the monthly financial activities undertaken by Group
- Meet regularly with allocated divisional business heads to keep abreast of deal flow, activities and ensure finance related matters are in hand
- Support senior management with addition
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will need to have the following competencies and qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- At least one year's post qualification experience
- Working knowledge of preparing annual financial statements
- IFRS experience desired but not essential
- FCA and regulatory compliance knowledge desired but not essential