Senior Java Web Application Developer
We are currently seeking a Financial Model Development Senior who specializes in Web based application development and Java programming with some production operations experience to join our Investments & Capital Markets Division. The department develops, enhances, and maintains applications primarily for our Investments and Capital Markets and Single Family Division.
- Design, develop and support systems within the financial modelling and research area.
- Design and develop new code and review existing code changes to ensure standard technology development practices are met.
- Assist in the operational execution of software solutions to assist with the monitoring and control of market and credit risks.
- Assist with application development, modifying and/or maintaining applications and associated testing. Demonstrate knowledge of Development tools and languages.
- May assist other areas of financial research and engineering when defining requirements for systems applications.
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development, testing, and delivery experience, including partnering with internal and external groups
- Finance knowledge, ideally of Fixed Income products and derivatives
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with:
o Objected-oriented programming (eg, in Java, Python, or C#)
o Relational databases (eg, Sybase/DB2/SQL Server)
o Automated unit and integration testing (eg, JUnit, Mockito, JaCoCo, pytest)
o Version control (eg, Git/GitLab, SVN)
o Continuous integration tools (eg, Jenkins, Gradle/Maven)
- CFA or FRM professional certification
- Knowledge of the following:
o Big data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem (eg, Apache Spark, HDFS)
o IBM Platform Symphony/Grid computing experience
o N-Tier RESTful web services