Go back to the Job List
Quality Control Team LeadPosted by: Kenexa
Posted date: Feb-24-2012
Location: overlandpark, kansas city, kansas
If you are interested in being considered for employment with a “Best in Class” Pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity:
Team Leader-QC(00907151) (50442071)
This position, located at the Overland Park Elanco Kansas City facility, is to provide leadership and technical support to the laboratory staff. The position ensures compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), safety and company requirements.
This position also provides direction for workload planning and performance planning/evaluation. This position ensures that the site maintains and improves its Quality Control (QC) Laboratory Systems.
· Responsible for compliance with all procedures, safety and regulatory commitments in QC.
· Must exhibit technical expertise in laboratory methodology, instrumentation and material specification.
· Involved with writing change proposals and performing laboratory investigations
· Review and approve deviations, procedures, protocols and change controls in QC
· Write or revise standard operating procedures related to QC operations
· Provide coaching and feedback to laboratory staff
· Provide performance review and objective setting for laboratory staff
· Participate in special projects to enhance safety, productivity, and quality
· Budget Planning for laboratory operations
· Lead and participate as the primary laboratory contact for internal and external audits
· Manage staffing/scheduling and responsible for aligning
· Performance Management objectives with department and site objectives for direct reports.
· Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
· B.S. Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related science required with a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
· Gap assessments for all laboratory Global Quality Standards and drive continuous improvement
· Effectively influence and motivate a team and seeks opportunities to share knowledge, train and mentor others Strong listening and communication skills.
· Ability to speak in front of groups and write clear, concise reports & correspondence.
· Strong organizational skills including expertise in managing technical projects.
· Strong teamwork/interpersonal skills. Effectively uses constructive feedback.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
· Must be self driven and able to work independently.
· Demonstrates leadership, ownership and accountability.
· Strong attention to detail and administrative and organizational skills.
· Strong Quality mindset.
· Ability to prioritize work to meet customer needs and demonstrate flexibility.
· Good customer service and multi-tasking skills.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Strong learning agility.
· Experience in QA, QC, Manufacturing and/or Science & Technology (MS&T) in a pharmaceutical field is desirable.
· Knowledge of cGMP requirements
· Method validation experience
Preference will be given to individuals with strong Lab experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Apply online at: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_lilly/external/gateway.do?fun ctionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=39141&l ocaleCode=en-us
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 1,000 employees worldwide.
Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Eli Lilly
Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana. This position is located at the Overland Park Elanco Kansas City facility.
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment while maintaining our highly regarded reputation in the Pharmaceutical Industry and Community. The following is a selection of awards and recognition Lilly has received in recent years.
Awards and Recognition
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER