Go back to the Job List
Scientist OncologyPosted by: Regeneron
Posted date: Feb-01-2012
Location: Tarrytown,NY,United States
As a key member of the Oncology team this scientist will be responsible for independently leading and/or contributing to studies in the area of tumor immunology. The scientist will lead a small team (1-2 RA's) and design and perform studies to validate and characterize the efficacy of novel therapeutic cancer antibodies and targets from pre-clinical discovery through clinical development stages. This scientist will effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues in the oncology, immunology and antibody development groups as well as present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and senior management.
· Ability to design, perform and interpret complex in vivo mouse xenograft experiments in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice
· Expertise in animal handling and development of novel tumor models (mice); dissection, orthotropic tumor model development
· Analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules (rodent and human) as well as ex vivo analysis of immune cells by FACS, IHC and ELISA
· Expert in FACS methods, analysis and interpretation
· Cell/molecular biology: in vitro immune cell activation assays; basic cloning of stable cell lines; cell culture; analysis and purification of primary immune cells from murine tissues and human blood
· Ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
· Ability to manage multiple in vivo and in vitro experiments simultaneously
· Clear and professional verbal and written communication
· Ability to supervise and guide junior RA's
Qualification & Experience - External:
· A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (Tumor Immunology, Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology) with >4 years post-doctoral experience (in academia or industry) is required.
· Knowledge of tumor immunology. Specifically, experience with in vivo mouse tumor models and ex vivo measurement of immune endpoints will be an advantage, and is highly desired.
· Extensive experience with primary immune cells of human and/or rodent origin as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the basics of cellular immunology, as it applies to cancer.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Some management experience is very desirable.
· Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
· Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues in the oncology, immunology and antibody development groups
· Write reports and present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and senior management.
The successful candidate is expected to work creatively, independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and attention to detail are critical for this position.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
Apply Online at:
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufacturers, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. In addition to ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use, which is approved for the treatment of a rare inflammatory condition, Regeneron has completed Phase 3 clinical trials of rilonacept for a new indication and of product candidates EYLEA (aflibercept injection; VEGF Trap Eye) in diseases of the eye and ZALTRAP (aflibercept) (VEGF Trap) in colorectal cancer. EYLEA is currently under review with U.S. and European regulatory authorities. Additional therapeutic candidates developed from proprietary Regeneron technologies for creating fully human monoclonal antibodies are in earlier stage development programs in rheumatoid arthritis, pain, cholesterol reduction, allergic and immune conditions, and cancer. This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Disclaimer: Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST and EYLEA are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.