Go back to the Job List
Neuroscience SpecialistPosted by: Kenexa
Posted date: Feb-01-2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
General Job Responsibilities:
· The general job responsibilities assigned to the Neuroscience Representative are as follows:
· Achieve the assigned sales objective for the territory. Attain the designated goals for calls on appropriate healthcare professionals to communicate balanced, accurate, and complete information on OAPI products.
· Execute calls on psychiatrists, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers in order to provide product information and to assure the availability of OAPI products in the territory.
· Engage in in depth conversations with psychiatrists utilizing multiple data sets across a broad base of approved product indications.
· Navigate through complex organization structures including hospitals and healthcare communities.
· Manage the territory in an efficient and orderly manner, ascribing to principles of key physician/account prioritization, daily call reporting, and sample accountability.
· Demonstrate completion of administrative requirements including budget management, log-ins, sample accounting, expense reports, etc.
· Within timelines and company guidelines.
· Operate the territory within the assigned expense budget. Complete all required training courses and continually updates product knowledge.
· Comply with all state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines including PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals as well as complying with all OAPI standards and policies relating to all job activities.
· Provide high level communication with alliance partners and participate in alliance partner customer activities, professional education, routing and hospital events.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Demonstrate competent written and oral communication skills.
· Understand and consistently apply OAPI's corporate values to everyday activities.
· Understand managed care issues within the territory.
· Identify and develop Subject Matter Experts within territory.
· Develop and implement territory business plan.
· Participate and possibly manage in special assignments as directed by Sales Management.
Education, Special Skills and Experience:
· B.S. or B.A. degree required. Minimum of four years
· experience as a Pharmaceutical Representative who has
· Specialty experience working within the Neuroscience area.
· Computer proficiency is required. Valid driver’s license and a
· good driving record are required (no more than three moving
· Violation convictions within the past three years).
Apply Online at:
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI) is a successful, innovative, fast growing healthcare company that commercializes Otsuka -discovered and other product opportunities in North America, with a strong focus on and commitment to neuroscience, cardiovascular and oncologic therapeutic treatments. OAPI is dedicated to improving patient’s health and the quality of human life.