Go back to the Job List
Research Associate II/III OpthamologyPosted by: Kenexa
Posted date: Jul-22-2011
Location: Tarrytown, New York
Regeneron is looking for a talented and motivated Research Associate Staff Scientist to join an established Ophthalmology Research team, reporting to the Associate Director, Ophthalmology, to participate in preclinical studies supporting the development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of ocular diseases.
· Conduct and analysis of experiments to evaluate candidate molecules in animal models of human ocular diseases
· Assist in the performance of ocular procedures in rodents and rabbits
· Collect and prepare tissue for histological or biochemical analyses
· Cut and stain ocular tissues, perform microscopy & image analysis
· Data Analysis and other laboratory duties
· B.A. or equivalent degree
· 2 or more years of relevant research experience
· Training in the proper handling and care of rodents and other mammals
· Experience with general surgical techniques, tissue collection and preparation
· Experience with histological methods, image analysis and/or biochemical and molecular assays is also desired
Apply online at: https://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=874&ji=2558536& sn=I
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. In addition to ARCALYST (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use, its first commercialized product, Regeneron has evaluated therapeutic candidates in Phase 3 clinical trials for the potential treatment of gout, diseases of the eye (wet age-related macular degeneration and central retinal vein occlusion), and certain cancers. Additional therapeutic candidates are in earlier stage development programs in rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory conditions, pain, cholesterol reduction, allergic and immune conditions, and cancer.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401K with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits.
Disclaimer: Effective immediately, Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex ' www.candex.com.