Go back to the Job List
postdoc position for nanomaterials and their applicationsPosted by: Shenzhen University
Posted date: May-09-2019
Location: Shenzhen, China
The Institute of Advanced Study in Shenzhen University is looking for postdoctoral researchers
The Institute of Advanced Study (IAS) in Shenzhen University is a comprehensive school where undergraduate and graduate training, interdisciplinary basis and application research are involved. IAS borrows experiences from world-class universities on management and operation mechanism, introducing outstanding talents on management, teaching and research. It’s a special zone where the management system and the academic environment is in line with international standards in Shenzhen University. The homepage of the Institute of Advanced Studies is http://ias.szu.edu.cn/
CAI Xingke graduated from Central South University with a bachelor's degree and a master's degree from the Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He graduated from the University of Tsukuba/National Institute for Materials Science in Japan. He worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of California at Merced and the University of Tsinghua- Berkeley Shenzhen Institute. His main representative work includes (1) The invention of several methods to prepare various two-dimensional materials in large scale by exfoliation, especially boron nitride. (2) A method was developed to prepare various high-quality functional two-dimensional materials. (3) Methods were invented to realize the heteroassembly of two-dimensional materials, including two sheets assembly, thin films and powdery samples. And the interesting photoelectrical property between rGO and titania nanosheet has been discovered. His future research will be focused on the synthesis, assembly and application of novel two-dimensional materials and carbon nanotubes. Those who have a doctoral degree with related backgrounds are most welcome.
Project 1. Mass production of two-dimensional boron nitride and chirality control of single-walled carbon nanotubes
The two-dimensional boron nitride has the same structure as graphene, exhibiting plenty of interesting physical and chemical properties, such as insulation, anti-oxidation, good acid and alkali resistance, good thermal conductivity and ionic conductivity. However, unlike conventional graphite, which is easy to be produced on a large scale by means of oxidation or reduction assisted intercalation, boron nitride is one of the layer materials most difficult to be exfoliated. The goal of this project is to produce ultrathin, large and high-quality two-dimensional boron nitride on a large scale and realize its practical applications.
The chirality of single-walled carbon nanotubes is the main factor affecting their electrical conductivity. The traditional method to control chirality is mainly achieved by using metal compounds with high melting point or by limiting the change of morphology of catalysts in the high-temperature growth process. The goal of this project is to achieve chirality control of single-walled carbon nanotubes through new ideas.
Project 2. Preparation of new two-dimensional oxide and hydroxide nanosheets, their assembly and applications
The two-dimensional oxide nanosheets were firstly obtained by Professor Takayoshi Sasaki by using proton exchange assisted exfoliation method in the 1990s. So far, a series of two-dimensional oxide nanosheets, including titanium, niobium, manganese, ruthenium, cobalt and molybdenum-based oxides, have been prepared. At present, the applications exploration of them is still at the initial stage. Our research will be focused on but not limited to gas separation, gas sensing and electrocatalytic application. Other applications such as flexible batteries and LED luminescence will be completed in cooperation with related units.
Project 3. Flexible/solid-state ion battery
The rapid development of flexible electronic devices and flexible wearable devices puts higher requirements on the power equipment. Among all the requirements, high security and high energy density are particularly important and the limiting parameters. Compared with current rigid batteries, flexible batteries are often subjected to frequent deformation such as stretching, folding and bending. It is easy to cause short connections between positive and negative components inside the battery, thus causing serious safety problems. The target of this project is to develop full-flexible stretchable lithium ion batteries with high safety and energy density using two-dimensional materials and carbon nanotubes
(1) He/she has obtained or is about to obtain a doctoral degree, and is under 35 years old. He/she has strong English reading and writing skills;
(2) The incumbent personnel shall not engage in postdoctoral research as a part-time postdoctoral researcher;
(3) Material science, physics, chemistry or other doctoral degrees related is a must. At least one of the following skills are needed: growth nanomaterials by CVD, arc discharge, or solution-based techniques; application fields of batteries, electrocatalysis, gas/ion separation, light-emitting devices, preparation of polymer matrix composites, or sensors.
(1) Complete the scientific research tasks assigned from the advisor, including the research project and funding application;
(2) During the postdoctoral study (two years), the first author should publish 2 JCR2 articles, or 1 JCR1 article.
Applicants should send electronic documents of resume and representative research results to the contact email: cai.xingkeszu.edu.cn.
5. Salary (Total income is 320,000 RMB or higher, equal to 46000 US dollars):
(1) Shenzhen government: 180,000 RMB/year (tax-free); It is issued after the initiation and mid-term examination respectively;
(2) Shenzhen university: i, the basic treatment of 84,000 yuan/year shall be paid monthly; ii, 2,240 RMB housing subsidies per month;
(3) Research allowance from advisor: 2000 RMB/month.
6.Other potential treatment:
(1) To meet the requirements of postdoctoral entry incentive program (as indicated below), and provide additional incentive treatment of 2,000 RMB / month.
(2) During the post-doctoral study, the person in charge can apply for funding for scientific research projects at all levels. Those who successfully applied NFSC project will be rewarded 10,000 RMB per project.
(3) Postdoctoral researcher published papers using Shenzhen University as the first unit over responsibilities will be awarded.
(4) For those who work in Shenzhen City after the 2-year postdoctoral research and signed a contract for more than 3 years, they can apply for a starting fund of 300,000 RMB. A housing subsidy of 1.6 million RMB (subject to the documents of Shenzhen Human Resources and Social Security Bureau) can be applied to those who meet the requirements of reserve level talents in Shenzhen after leaving the postdoctoral station.
(5) Recommended to work in Shenzhen university after 2 years’ research period. Excellent postdoctoral candidates who meet the policy requirements of the personnel department of the university can apply to become a faculty.
* Post-doctoral fellowship program
(1) Basic conditions: enter the station under the age of 33 and obtain the doctor's degree within one year (subject to the check-in time).
(2) Eligibility, one of the following two:
A. Times higher - BBC world university top 200 (including domestic universities)
B. The doctor of natural science has published 3 academic papers above JCR 2 during his/her doctoral study.
For the assessment requirements and specific management requirements of postdoctoral candidates, please refer to Shenzhen postdoctoral management regulations and Shenzhen university postdoctoral management regulations