Go back to the Job List
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERPosted by: Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona)
Posted date: Mar-11-2019
IRB Barcelona is seeking a motivated full-time Postdoctoral Fellow for the Metabolic Engineering & Diabetes Therapy Laboratory led by Dr. Guinovart.
Recent results from our laboratory have questioned concepts regarding glycogen metabolism that were considered well established. We have unveiled that glycogen accumulation underlies neurodegeneration in Lafora disease (LD). Glycogen accumulation has also been observed in other neurodegenerative diseases. Therefore, we intend to further study the following: i) new aspects of the regulation of glycogen metabolism in the brain; ii) the pathological consequences of the alteration of glycogen metabolism in certain neurodegenerative diseases; and iii) the physiological roles of brain glycogen. Through a multidisciplinary approach, we aim to define the physiological processes that regulate glycogen deposition, the consequences of its demise, and the therapeutic potential of its modulation.
- The successful candidate will work under the direction of Dr. Guinovart and the direct supervision of Dr. Duran (Research Associate).
- He/she will be responsible for performing the experiments aimed to study the physiological and pathological roles of brain glycogen.Required:
- Experience: PhD in any of the Life Sciences fields.
- Knowledge: Management and analysis of genetically altered animals (i.e. colony management, behavioural tests). Histology/immunohistochemistry techniques. Western blot and Real-Time PCR.
- Skills: Excellent command of English.
- Analytical and organisational skills and an outstanding capacity to learn new techniques.
- Official diploma and expertise in Handling and Managing Experimental Animals.Desirable:
- Research experience (preferably at least two years) in neurosciences and neurodegenerative diseases.
Applications for the above opening should include CV and motivation letter and should be sent by e-mail to: irbjobsirbbarcelona.org Reference: PD/19/01
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.