The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government. The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff.
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
India has the world’s largest area under rice cultivation and is one of the largest producers of rice, accounting for 20% of global rice production. IRRI and India have been successfully collaborating for more than five decades. Formal collaboration between India and IRRI dates back to 1967 and was formalized under the ICAR-IRRI Memorandum of Agreement for cooperation in research and training. The Government of India recently approved the establishment of an IRRI South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) at Varanasi in the State of Uttar Pradesh. It represents an exciting new opportunity to develop an even stronger partnership with India and other SAARC Member States. ISARC will include a Centre of Excellence on Rice Value Addition (CERVA) at the National Seed Research and Training Centre (NSRTC), Varanasi. A node of the IRRI Education will be established to provide training to strengthen the capacity of rice-growing countries in both South Asia and Africa, enhancing south-south collaboration. It will also have the capacity to conduct courses in other areas of relevance to the rice sector.
Under direct supervision of the Director - IRRI South Asia Regional Center, the incumbent to this position will provide administrative support for projects and positions based out of the center, work closely with internal stakeholders such as finance and project team and necessary external stakeholders on administrative matters.
This position will be based at IRRI South Asia Regional Center (ISARC) at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor activities related to administrative functions of the office in close coordination with other team members.
- Manage calendar of events and support scientists/officials in the day-to-day management of office activities.
- Review, analyse and address issues pertaining to administrative coordination arising from multiple sources, including funding, equipment, consumables, research/operational supplies in a timely manner.
- To monitor and manage research and office supplies and any other inventory within established supply budget in accordance with institutional policy.
- Provide logistic support for domestic/international travels and visits to multiple constituencies
- Manage events – national/international workshops, conferences and training
- Manage data, records and filing system
- Take initiative for improvements of processes related to the day-to-day operations
- Ensure efficient & effective implementation of the administrative activities;
- Communicate and work closely with Corporate Service team at IIO, Delhi, to follow correct processes and ensure adherence to IRRI policies and procedures;
- Serve as focal points for all administrative support services
- Develop relations and ongoing engagement with stakeholders in domestic and international travel to and from ISARC, Varanasi including but not limited to IRRI officials, partners for participation in ISARC hosted events.
- Lead and Coordinate on organizing workshops, meetings, training and monitoring visits
- Manage databases and records (ensure records are up to date and accurate)
- Provide administrative support in effective office management.
- Coordinate with Logistics Manager to ensure travel arrangements including domestic/international ticketing, visa, hotel accommodation, transportation etc.
- Provide support in organizing workshop, meetings, training and monitoring visits
- Compile and collate information and reports for the center for submission to relevant departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hons in any subject with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in administrative coordination, data management, or,
- Master’s in Business Administration with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in administrative coordination, data management
· Has excellent interpersonal skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Has advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point
· Ability to prioritize activities for self and support staff
· Excellent ability to multi task
· Has experience or knowledge of agriculture research
· Experience in shared services platform
· House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month.
· Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance is provided to NRS. NRS L4: INR 4,000
· Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay.
· Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
· Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children)
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.