Go back to the Job List
Research AssociatePosted by: Xavier University of Louisiana
Posted date: Nov-27-2018
Location: New Orleans, LA
Xavier University of Louisiana invites applications for a Research Associate in the Department of Chemistry. Responsibilities of the position include:
- performing scientific experiments with some independence;
- within areas of expertise, contributing to research design of ongoing projects;
- assisting with routine laboratory maintenance;
- assisting with daily management of routine laboratory work by undergraduate research students;
- training of undergraduate research students in specific techniques as needed; and
- mentoring of undergraduate research students within areas of expertise.
Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, or a clearly related field;
a minimum of 1 year of full-time post-graduate research experience;
extensive experience with routine mammalian cell culture;
experience with routine molecular biology; and
research experience in at least one of the following areas:
- genetic manipulation of mammalian cells;
- immunoblots and immunoprecipitation; or
- quantitative PCR and mRNA expression analysis.
See the job listing on the XULA human resources website for full posting information:
(Please follow link a second time if the first time leads to the general HR website instead of the specific posting.)
Applications must be submitted through the human resources link above. Applications submitted by email will be deleted without review.