Go back to the Job List
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Immuno-OncologyPosted by: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Posted date: Nov-19-2018
Location: Bronx, NY
POSITION SUMMARY: The successful candidate will perform research studies in the area of tumor immunology and autoimmunity. The laboratory is investigating radiation and ultrasound-based in situ vaccines. The goal is to investigate the mechanisms of energy-based immunomodulation, induction of DAMP signals and characterization of innate and adaptive tumor immunity in murine models of solid tumors and in clinical trials in patients; including validation of therapeutic cancer targets using cell-based assays and preclinical cancer models in combination with energy-based treatments for cancer therapies.
This exciting opportunity is within the lab of Dr. Chandan Guha. With 14 patents and extensive research outcomes from various “energy” based therapies beginning in the early 90’s, Dr. Guha serves on numerous boards and is well known as a pioneer in therapeutic ultrasound, radiation and other energy-based therapies. He has generated over $10m in NIH research grants accelerating the need for this position and advancing research.
Future opportunity may exist for successful candidates to participate in a commercial enterprise or incubator as a result of this appointment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will execute studies aimed at drug discovery and development in the fields of immune-oncology and radiation-oncology. The candidate is expected to execute in vitro/cell based assays, biomarker analysis of preclinical samples, flow cytometry, ELISA (ELIspot), PCR, functional in vitro assays and to isolate and culture primary immune cells from murine tissue. The candidate should demonstrate strong attention to details, ability to work with a dynamic team, flexibility, reliability and good communicative skills.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Advanced degree, M.D./Ph.D. in immunology, biochemsitry, biomedical sciences (or related study) with an interest and experience (1-2 years) in the field of immunology or oncology
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of the basics of cellular and molecular immunology, as it applies to cancer
• Isolation and characterization of primary immune cells from murine tissues (spleen, draining lymphnodes, tumors)
• Expertise in sterile cell culture techniques, and in vitro/ex vivo immune cell-based assays
• Expertise in FACS methods
• Ability to perform in vivo experiments of tumor models in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice
Submitting Application: please submit via e-mail a curriculum vitae and role related references:
Chandan Guha M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Radiation Oncology
Institute for Oncophysics
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical CenterE-mail: