Go back to the Job List
Postdoctoral Fellowship Biogeochemical Modelling in integrated crop-livestockPosted by: Joni Prates
Posted date: Sep-05-2018
Location: Campinas SP Brazil
Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship Biogeochemical Modelling in integrated crop-livestock systems
Location: Interdisciplinary Center for Energy Planning NIPE/UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
The successful candidate will parameterize, test and apply Daycent and SWAT model simulations in a crop-livestock environment considering coupled water-carbon cycles at local scales. The successful candidate will parameterize existing process-based models with infield measurements data at an experimental farm located in Caiuá, SP-Brazil.
The post-doc is part of the FAPESP - NWO Research "Monitoring Integrated Crop-livestock Systems Through Remote Sensing and Precision Agriculture for more sustainable Production- Toward Low Carbon Agriculture (FAPESP 2017 / 50205-9)". Several laboratories and institutions collaborate in this project, such as NIPE and School of Agricultural Engineering of Unicamp, Embrapa Agricultural Informatics, University of New Hampshire-USA, and the Delft University-Netherlands.
The post-doc will be under the supervision of Dr. Rubens Lamparelli and Dr. Eleanor Campbell/Gleyce Figueiredo and will collaborate with different researchers involved in the project.
The fellowship includes a taxfree month ly stipend of R$ 7.174,80, plus 15% of t he yearly value for research related expenses. All conditions and salary related to this FAPESP post-doc are listed there: http://www.fapesp.br/en/postdoc
Desired skills and competence
· A Ph.D. in earth system science, ecophysiology, agronomy or related discipline.
· Previous experience in process-based modelling of soils, vegetation growth or similar complex models, confirmed by publications in this subject area.
· Working knowledge and experience on coding languages C++, Matlab, R, etc.
· Minimum qualifications include a demonstrated ability to publish peer-reviewed papers, effective oral communication skills, and to work well in a collaborative team environment.
· Experience with analysis of remotely sensed data will be a bonus
· Strong interpersonal skills and adequate fluency in English, Portuguese will be a bonus
· Full-time work, 2 year, starting in November 2018, with the possibility of an extension.
· All conditions and salary related to this FAPESP post-doc are listed there: http://www.fapesp.br/en/postdoc
Inquiries should be directed by email to Dr. Paulo Graziano (grazianog.unicamp.br) with a copy to NIPE project manager (Johinislan Prates, johinislannipe.unicamp.br), including “FAPESP project 2017/50205-9 post-doc PD3” in the subject line.
Send a cover letter stating your professional experiences and how you would satisfy the minimum qualifications (2 pages max), a CV, and two recommendations letters (all documents in pdf format).
Submissions by email until September 30, 2018.