Go back to the Job List
Community Engagement InternPosted by: The Watershed Center
Posted date: Mar-28-2018
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
March 26, 2018
15-20 hours/week for 12-14 weeks; a stipend of up to $1,200 is available
The Community Engagement intern will support a range of marketing, communication, and fundraising activities related to the Swim for Grand Traverse Bay (Swim), which helps further The Watershed Center’s mission to advocate for clean water in Grand Traverse Bay and act to protect and preserve its watershed. S/he is primarily responsible for supporting the Director of Community Engagement as she plans for and executes the third annual Swim, scheduled for August 11. This position requires a genuine enthusiasm for The Watershed Center’s mission and the ability to project that enthusiasm to others. Strong attention to detail as well as interpersonal and communication skills are essential to effectively interact with and build trust and confidence among our audiences.
· Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
· Supervises: none
· Works with: Executive Director, Program Director, Grand Traverse Baykeeper®
· External stakeholders: Swim for Grand Traverse Bay participants, donors, volunteers, general public
· Marketing and Communication
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills
· Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking abilities
· Exhibit excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Exhibit professionalism, with superior social and interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
· Strong experience utilizing social media, specifically Facebook and Twitter
· Able to work flexible hours, including Saturday, August 11
Please email application, resume, and cover letter stating your suitability for this position to Director of Community Engagement, Shelli DiFranco, at sdifrancogtbay.org Application materials must be received no later than 5:00pm Eastern on Monday, April 9.
The Watershed Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.