Go back to the Job List
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Plant BiotechnologyPosted by: University of Tours
Posted date: Feb-24-2018
Location: Tours, France
Department of Plant Biomolecules and Biotechnology
Department of Plant Biomolecules and Biotechnology (EA2106, BBV), University of Tours, France, in collaboration with the research program of COSMETOSCIENCE, supported by the Region Centre-Val de Loire, France, is offering 01 year post doc fellowship commencing from March 2018. Academic partners from the University of Orléans will also play their key role in this research project.
This project focuses on the development of biotechnological tools/platforms for sustainable and enhanced production of biologically active ingredients (BAIs) used in cosmetic from plant species of the Loire valley.
Candidate for this position must have expertise in ``Plant Biotechnology ``. His primary job will be to deal with ``In Vitro Cultures (cell culture) of these plants``.
In addition to that, following expertise will give extra points for final selection:
1. Botanical knowledge
2. Previous experience of maintenance of in vitro cultures of herbal plants.
3. Submerged cultivation system for continuous and consistent production of biologically active ingredients (BAIs) exploited in cosmetics.
4. Can devise strategies to enhance production of these BAIs in cell cultures.
5. Can perform the biochemical assays using different analytical instruments like spectrophotometer, HPLC MS, GC MS, etc.
6. Genetic knowledge of plant specialized metabolisms and molecular biology skills.
7. Have awareness of different statistical softwares.
8. Have good writing and presentation skills.
Salary (Remuneration) is around 2300 euros /month.
Send CV and names of two potential referees to:
Prof. Dr. Nathalie Guivarc'h
Dr. Bilal H Abbasi
Dead line to submit applications is March 5, 2018