Go back to the Job List
Field Product SpecialistPosted by: Nicole Bucolic
Posted date: Nov-15-2017
A Field Product Specialist drives sales of company products through the provision of product demonstrations, customer technical product education and technical product evaluation support on an as needed basis. The successful candidate will execute a sales plan to achieve established corporate sales and financial goals. Field Product Specialists directly impact revenue growth through; engagement with current and prospective customers, leading successful customer product evaluations utilizing cross-functional support from technical, scientific and in-house commercial personnel, and driving expedited customer capture. He / She will support resolution of current user product issues through partnership with the technical support team.
A Field Product Specialist must adeptly promote and support highly technical product offerings to a diverse scientific customer base. Candidates are required to have laboratory experience with modern molecular biology applications such as next generation sequencing (NGS), Sanger sequencing, and digital/real-time PCR methods. Experience in a clinical laboratory setting is an advantage. Individuals must be self-motivated and goal oriented with a strong desire for success. The successful candidate will leverage their robust molecular biology knowledge to support sales activities and exceed new business growth.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
New Account Opportunities – Frontline Sales Support
· Work with Regional Sales/Account Manager to develop and execute short- and mid-term sales tactics to meet/exceed sales & customer goal(s)
· Provide in-field product expertise to support complex technical sales discussions with current and prospect customers.
· Utilize approved strategic marketing messaging while managing customer relationships and supporting all aspects of the sales cycle
· Develop business/sales funnel opportunities through customer and business contacts
Product Evaluation Management – Field Support for Opportunities
· Manage application support for product evaluations and launch activities, including troubleshooting, follow up training, data analysis and validation support when needed
· Manage domestic product training activities when needed including; supervising technical services staff , customer training agenda and schedule, design and revision of training documentation, and coordination of web based and internal training programs
· Support consistent and responsive front line communication with customer inquiries and complaints, including all appropriate communication tracking processes
· Maintain consistent and timely communications with Product Managers to ensure success of market campaigns and programs
Product Promotion & Voice of Customer Management
· Support and promote Asuragen products through attendance at workshops, seminars, and customer visits (Travel required up to 70%)
· Partner with marketing to ensure regional sales tools and materials are available and fit-for-purpose to support driving successful attainment of territory goals
· Provide timely feedback to in-house product management and marketing team to ensure maintenance of product tracking reports, including marketing share data, and competitor information
· Assist with planning and organization of regional and national customer relation events, participating in tradeshows, seminars and workshops and conducting technical seminars in the field
· Drive territory business growth through new customer acquisition and current customer retention activities across designated sales geography through active prospecting and current customer management activities. Maximize customer-face time by partnering with marketing to ensure collection of critical field intelligence on product needs
· Generate and deliver business review presentations to accounts and at regional meetings
· Provide detailed customer engagement reporting through accurate and timely record keeping in Salesforce.com
· Define and create technical training modules for workshops, customer product training, sales & marketing personnel and distributors, together with contributions to and review of marketing and product materials with technical content
· Assemble and maintain internal and external training materials on the general specifications, inputs, outputs, and FAQ’s of Asuragen’s product offerings
Maintain Dx Product Expertise
· Acquire expertise in all current and new Asuragen products and platforms via interaction with operations, development, and research personnel and routinely update these departments on observations in the field
· Attend and contribute to interdepartmental meetings, including input on product planning, design, development, transfer, and related technical issues. Seek training opportunities that enhance the technical knowledge base
· Work together in partnership with Research and Development, Software Development, Operations, QA, Regulatory, and Sales/Marketing on a routine basis
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
· Ph.D. Preferred; Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent acceptable; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong technical knowledge of molecular biology/techniques.
· Practical laboratory experience of using applications such as next generation sequencing (NGS), sample and library preparation for NGS, digital PCR and/ or PCR assays and panels
· In depth knowledge of clinical laboratory assay adoption practices and processes, experience with assay implementation is mandatory
· Highly desirable - prior selling experience to clinical diagnostic customers.