Go back to the Job List
BioinformaticianPosted by: Hospital for Sick Children
Posted date: Nov-01-2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Come join the funnest, most productive lab at SickKids and kick off your career as a bioinformatic analyst
• Develop new and innovative strategies for the analysis of cutting-edge single cell transcriptomic datasets to investigate gene function during normal mammalian brain development, and how abnormalities in normal brain development lead to the development of brain cancers.
• Analyse and interprete data (whole-genome, whole-exome, ChIP-seq and RNAseq) in light of tumour evolution, with the aim of understanding the underlying dynamics of tumour growth, relapse, metastases and progression.
• Publish in high-impact journals and have fun while learning and making clinically impactful discoveries.
• PhD or MD with previous training in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics or cell biology and possess exceptional computational skills. The most advanced Degree must have been conferred within the last 3 years.
• Experience with large-scale genomic data required.
• Prior experience with brain development, and/or cancer cell biology would be an asset. • Prior first author publications are highly desirable.
• Must be self-motivated, well-organized, highly independent, and willing to train new students. • Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
• Candidates with external funding or scholarships to help support their salary will be highly recruited.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, research plan (one to two pages outlining your current research interests and/or research plans for the next 2 years) and cover letter via e-mail to: brain.tumour.research.careersgmail.com