Go back to the Job List
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomechanics/Movement SciencePosted by: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
Posted date: Oct-18-2017
Location: Houston, Tx
Position Summary Candidate will assist supervisor in translation of innovations from engineering to various clinical applications. Specifically, he/she will contribute in developing and translation of wearable and smart technologies - from jewelry to socks - for more accurate movement assessment of patients in their natural environment where they're the most comfortable and active as well as designing innovative devices to assist patients to take care of their own health or assist doctors to provide personalized care. Individual will also be responsible for assisting faculties at the Baylor College of Medicine, interdisciplinary Consortium for Advanced Motion Performance (iCAMP) with the preparation of medical/health grant applications to federal and non-profit agencies. Additionally the candidate will assist with collection of clinical and investigational human performance assessments within iCAMP and worldwide. The candidate will benefit from an excellent interdisciplinary environment at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Medical Center with interdisciplinary collaboration with other institutions including Rice and MD Anderson. He/she could contribute in promoting population health and wellbeing and transform personalized care and smart care delivery across patient population.
• PhD in Biomechanics, Kinesiology, Movement Science, Electrical engineering, Biomedical engineering, Mechanical engineering or related fields before job starts.
• Record of publications in top-tier archived journals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel including international travel.• Ability to work productively with diverse populations; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Experience in using Matlab. Experience in using LabVIEW is a plus but not necessary.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in assessing human motor and/or cognitive performance.
• Experience in wearable technologies is a plus.• Experience in programming and/or signal processing is a plus
To apply for this position, email your cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae that includes contact information of three professional references to Bijan.Najafi AT BCM DOT edu. The title (Postdoctoral Fellow) must be indicated in the “subject” line.