Go back to the Job List
PhD scholarship in bioinformatics in Rostock (Baltic Coast), Germany (Repost)Posted by: IBIMA
Posted date: Jul-19-2017
Location: Rostock (Baltic Coast), Germany
PhD scholarship in bioinformatics in Rostock (Baltic Coast), Germany
The Institute for Biostatistics and Informatics in Medicine and Ageing Research at the Rostock University Medical Center (Germany) seeks a highly qualified candidate for a PhD scholarship with a focus on bioinformatics (NGS/omics) analyses.
· Intervention effect analyses using omics data.
· Machine learning and network-biology based analyses and data integration.
· Writing of scientific reports and papers.
What we offer:
· Investigating the mechanisms behind biological processes such as microbial infection, ageing, fibrosis, neurology and hematopoiesis.
· A stimulating diverse and international research environment, where your contribution can have a real impact.
· Funding for travelling, equipment, books, etc.
What you need to bring to the table:
· A master degree in bioinformatics or computer science or a related research field in the medical/life/natural sciences.
· Programming/ scripting skills, e.g. in Java/ R.
· Experience in bioinformatics data analysis.
· High motivation to work in an interdisciplinary team spanning genomics, neuroscience, and ageing research.
· Strong communication skills (oral presentations and in writing).
How to apply:
If this describes you and your intentions then please send your application until 25.08.2017 in a single PDF document, consisting of:
· Cover letter explaining relevant experiences, a brief statement of research interests, and qualifications
· Copies of (final) certificates and academic degrees
· Contact details of 2-4 scientists who may write a letter of recommendation.
Please send your application to us, c/o Prof. Fuellen, bioinfo-jobsmed.uni-rostock.de.
Please indicate “Rostock_PhD_Application” in the title of the e-mail.
For most of the year, Rostock (at the Baltic Coast) is a number one vacation area in Germany, with a very pleasant climate and nice beaches nearby.