Go back to the Job List
Postdoctoral Researcher in Bioinformatics and Mathematical ModellingPosted by: Center of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology
Posted date: Jun-21-2017
The Center of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology (CPSBB) offers the following position:
Postdoctoral researcher, Department Bioinformatics and Mathematical Modelling
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and Plovdiv Municipality. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two German partners: Potsdam University and Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
Bioinformatics represent key activities in genomics and systems biology-oriented research and are key to all experimental departments in the CPSBB. The postdoctoral researchers at this department will conduct their own research (e.g. comparative genomics of extremophiles, genomics of resurrection species, computational analysis of abiotic stress-derived transcriptome and metabolome datasets) and will provide support to the experimental departments at CPSBB in all major aspects related to the analysis of “omics” data sets (including analysis of next generation sequencing data from cutting-edge technologies (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq or whole-genome sequencing), primary and secondary metabolite profile data, and others).
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
· PhD in Bioinformatics, (computational) Systems Biology, or related fields
· Proven experience (peer-reviewed publications) in the field of Bioinformatics or (computational) Systems Biology
· Background and experience in NGS data analysis (e.g. RNA-seq analysis, genome sequencing) are highly advantageous
· Experience in plant science and mathematical modelling is not mandatory but is preferable
· Excellent English is mandatory
· Conduct cutting-edge plant science research
· Supervising PhD students, participation in teaching (courses on bioinformatics and genomics)
· Writing grant proposals and assisting with grant management
Deadline for application
The application deadline is 31.07.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate. Interested applicants should send the following documents:
· CV and recommendation(s) by former employers
· Letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
You can apply for this job no later than 31 July 2017 by e-mail (cpsbb.eu">secretarycpsbb.eu).