Go back to the Job List
Senior ResearcherPosted by: IOM Ricerca srl
Posted date: Apr-14-2017
Location: Viagrande, Italy
It has been demonstrated that Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs), a rare population of tumor cells that are able to proliferate and differentiate into mature cancer cells, are involved in tumor progression, relapse and resistance to therapy. It has been suggested that therapeutic approaches specifically addressed to CSC eradication may provide increased survival or even complete remission when traditional approaches actually fail.
On this topic, a research project on translational approaches for tumor eradication through personalized radiotherapy has been set up by a partnership of companies of the Samed Group (www.grupposamed.com) that are leaders in translational cancer research and treatment. The project is founded by the Italian Ministry for Economic Development and as part of this initiative two positions (a senior scientist and a junior scientist position) are being established. The recruiter wishes to fill these positions with exceptional researchers from the fields of biology, medicine or biotechnology.
The selected candidates will work on laboratories located in the Oncology Campus of the group in a stimulating collaborative setting within a cutting-edge research environment.
• an outstanding multidisciplinary research environment in one of the most prestigious group in the field of cancer research in Sicily with the opportunity to interact, among others, with researchers, oncologists, radiotherapists, physics and technologists
• an individual skill development program, including methods courses and workshops
We are looking for:
• highly qualified and motivated scientists with expertise in cell biology (culture, functional in vitro models, cytometry) and in vivo research (cell xenotransplantation in rodent models).
• candidates should be able to lead and coordinate the activities of junior researchers and students, efficiently train people transferring protocols, methods and skills on technologies and equipment.
• candidates should be able to communicate effectively in English and should enjoy working in an interdisciplinary context
• Knowledge of cell sorting technologies are strongly welcomed