Go back to the Job List
Postdoctoral AssociatesPosted by: University of Minnesota
Posted date: Mar-31-2017
Several postdoc positions are available immediately in the Mashek laboratory within the Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics at University of Minnesota. Applications are welcomed from highly motivated individuals to work on numerous projects involving autophagy, lipid droplet biology and novel cell signaling networks governing energy metabolism. Additional projects involving animal models will study how altering lipid droplet metabolism and signaling influences NAFLD, Type 2 Diabetes and lifespan.
· PhD (within the last 3 years) in biochemistry, cell biology, physiology or related field
· Strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
· Experience in microscopy, basic cell biology and biochemical techniques or animal metabolic phenotyping
· Have excellent oral and written skills
· Be passionate about science!
The University of Minnesota is one of the largest universities in the US, and is one of the most prestigious public research universities in the world. The campus is located in the Twin Cities, which is consistently ranked by numerous indices as one of the top places to live in the US. The Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics currently ranks 5th nationally in NIH-funded grants/research expenditures and provides an excellent training environment.
For more information on the laboratory please visit https://masheklab.dl.umn.edu/. To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to Dr. Douglas Mashek at dmashekumn.edu