Go back to the Job List
Postdoc Fellowship Brazilian Bioethanol Science and Technology Laboratory (CTBE), Campinas/ SP, Brazil.Posted by: Joni Prates
Posted date: Feb-21-2017
Location: (CTBE), Campinas/ SP, Brazil.
Place:Brazilian Bioethanol Science and Technology Laboratory (CTBE), Campinas/ SP, Brazil.
The successful candidate will participate in the studies and development of pretreatment processes at low severity conditions, in laboratory and pilot scale, using sugarcane straw and energy cane as raw materials. The candidate will be the interface of different areas such as enzymatic hydrolysis, enzymes production, and fermentation. The postdoc will be involved in the following tasks:
i. Planning and execution of experimental reactions, data compilation and processing;
ii.Execution of technical reports and publications;
iii.Interaction with researchers from related areas in CTBE and partners in order to make feasible the current: laboratory research and scale-up.
The postdoc fellow is part of a FAPESP project, RCUK partnership "An integrated approach to explore a novel paradigm for biofuel production from lignocellulosic feedstocks (FAPESP 15/50612-8)". Several Institutes and Faculty will collaborate in this project, such as Unicamp, USP, and Unifesp, as well as International partners such as Bath University, Aberystwyth University and Imperial College
The postdoc will be under the supervision of Dr. Sarita Cândida Rabelo and will collaborate with different researchers involved in the project.
Desired Skills and Competence:
· Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Forest Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline;
· Experience in chemistry of lignocellulosic materials;
· Hands on experience with biomass pretreatment, experimental design and process optimization;
· Data analysis and interpretation are required for mass balance evaluation;
· Experience in data analysis, execution of technical reports, scientific reports;· Experience with compositional analysis of lignocellulosic biomass and physicochemical characterization of biomass; · Experience in laboratory and pilot plant reactions; · Downstream of hemicellulos hydrolysate;
· Applicants must be proficient in English, both written and spoken, and have teamwork skills;
· Full-time work, 1 year renewable for 1 year, starting in March 2017;
· All conditions and salary related to this FAPESP post-doc are listed on the website: http://www.fapesp.br/en/postdoc.
Inquiries should be directed by email to Juliana Salvadeo (salvadeounicamp.br), with copy to Sarita Rabelo (sarita.rabelobioetanol.org.br), including “FAPESP Project 15/50612-8 postdoc” in the subject line.
Send a cover letter stating your professional experiences and how you would satisfy the minimum qualifications (2 pages maximum), a CV, and two recommendations letters (all documents in pdf format).