Go back to the Job List
Full-time Postdoctoral Scientific Researcher (E13/E14), with a focus on omics data analysesPosted by: IBIMA
Posted date: Jan-26-2017
Location: Rostock (Baltic Coast), Germany
The Institute for Biostatistics and Informatics in Medicine and Ageing Research at the Rostock University Medical Center (Germany) seeks, starting as soon as possible,
a Full-time Postdoctoral Scientific Researcher (E13/E14), with a focus on omics data analyses,
initially for 4 years.
* Advancement, adaptation and maintenance of an omics data analysis pipeline, with next-generation sequencing data (NGS) as its main focus.
* Sequencing data analysis, machine learning and data integration.
* Writing of scientific papers and grant applications, and contributions to joint papers and applications.
* Qualification towards Habilitation (post-doctoral degree certifying research and teaching expertise).
Advantages for you:
* A stimulating environment where your contribution can have a real impact.
* An exciting set of application areas, including aging, cancer, neuro and biomaterials research.
* Collaboration with experimental and clinical groups, marked by aiming at first/last authorships that count for your habilitation.
What you need to bring to the table:
* Doctorate related to bioinformatics, or a research field in the medical/life/natural/mathematical sciences.
* Programming/scripting skills, preferably including expertise in R.
* Strong communication skills (oral presentations and in writing).
If this describes you and your intentions then please send your application at the latest until February 12, 2017 in a single PDF document, consisting of:
* Brief statement of research interests and qualifications
* contact information for 2-4 scientists who may write a letter of recommendation.
Please send your application to bioinfo-jobsmed.uni-rostock.de.
For further information, please email bioinfo-jobsmed.uni-rostock.de, or call
For most of the year, Rostock (at the Baltic Coast) is a number one vacation area in Germany, with a very pleasant climate and nice beaches nearby. The University strives for a high proportion of women in research and teaching.
Applications from qualified female scientists are therefore particularly welcome. Disabled persons will be given preference in filling vacancies within the existing legal provisions if equally qualified. Reimbursement of travelling costs for interviews is not possible according to the rules of the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.