Go back to the Job List
Post-doc scholarship - Nuclear Medical Imaging InstrumentationPosted by: Universidade de Aveiro
Posted date: Jan-06-2017
A position for a post-doctoral scholarship is open within Project “easyPET”, nr. 17823 financed through the “Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional” (FEDER), “Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização”:
Admission requirements: PhD in Engineering Physics or Biomedical Engineering or similar areas;
Experience in the area of medical instrumentation and/or radiation detectors.
Working plan: The successful candidate will be integrated in the project and be partially responsible for:
1. Selection of commercial scintillator crystals of the detector system of a PET system, evaluation of their quality in terms of uniformity of response, dimensions, conditions of reflection and emission.
2. Definition of requirements for the radiation detection cells and parameters for technological tests: Study and characterization of different commercially available silicon photomultipliers and their adequacy to the prototypes under development.
3. Assemblage of different experimental systems and optimization of all the parts and connections involved; Study and optimization of different systems for optical coupling between interfaces using a unitary cell.
4. Study and selection of commercial multi-channel electronic readout solutions adequate for the preclinical easyPET system.
5. Assemblage and alignment of the radiation detection cell modules in the prototypes.
6. Stress performance tests of the prototypes in laboratorial environment.
Applicable Legislation: Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da FCT, I. P. em vigor. Law nº. 40/2004, from 18th of August (Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica);
Working place: Work will be developed at the Radiation Detection and Medical Imaging (DRIM) Lab of the I3N-Aveiro Associated Laboratory in the Physics Department of the University of Aveiro, under scientific supervision of Professor João Filipe Calapez de Albuquerque Veloso.
Duration of scholarship: The scholarship will have the duration of 12 months, starting in mid-February 2016, eventually renewable until the end of the project.
Monthly stipend: € 1495, according to the FCT table of scholarship values (http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores), through bank deposit, check or other equivalent modality.
Curricular evaluation – 50%
Experience in medical imaging and/or radiation detectors – 25%.
Professor João Filipe Calapez de Albuquerque Veloso, Jury President
Professor Teresa Maria Fernandes Rodrigues Cabral Monteiro, Vowel
Doctor Ana Luísa Monteiro da Silva, Vowel
Notification of results: Final evaluation results will be publicized, through the alphabetically ordered list, by score obtained, fixed in visible and public place at the Physics Department of the University of Aveiro, with the approved candidate being notified by email.
Deadline for application and way of application:: Applications are open during the period from 9th of January to 6th of February 2017.
Applications should be formalized, mandatorily, through the submission of an application letter (mentioning the scholarship reference) accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificate of qualifications, copy of ID card and other documents deemed relevant by the candidate.
Applications must be delivered personally, during the period 8h45-12h30 or 14:00-16h15 at the address given below, or sent by mail to:
A/C Marta Teixeira, Department of Physics, University of Aveiro Campus de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro, or sent by email to marta.mua.pt.
Aveiro, 6th of January 2017