Go back to the Job List
Post-doctoral Fellowship in RNA Structural GenomicsPosted by: Genome Institute of Singapore
Posted date: Oct-14-2016
We are seeking highly qualified computational scientists with expertise/interest in RNA structure and biology. The Nagarajan Lab, in collaboration with the Wan Lab at the Genome Institute of Singapore are looking for applicants to direct collaborative projects involving the development of new algorithms and the analyis of novel high-throughput, genome-scale RNA structure datasets. Successfull candidates will work in a highly inter-disciplinary environment to apply cutting edge techniques in computational and experimental genomics for achieving breakthrough discoveries that significantly advance human health and well-being.
- PhD in Computational Biology/Computer Science/Applied Mathematics/Genomics
- Strong analytical and programming skills (C/C++, perl/python, UNIX environment). Candidates with significant experience in RNA structure prediction will be strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
E-mail cover letter, research statement, curriculum vitae, and contact details of at least three referees to Niranjan Nagarajan (nagarajanngis.a-star.edu.sg) and Wan Yue (wanygis.a-star.edu.sg)
1. Wan Y, Qu K, Ouyang Z, Kertesz M, Li J, Tibshirani R, Makino DL, Nutter RC, Segal E, Chang HY "Genome-wide measurement of RNA folding energies." Mol Cell 2012 Oct 26 ; 48(2) : 169-81 Epub 2012 Sep 13
2. Wan Y.*, Qu K.*, Zhang QF, Manor O, Ouyang Z, Zhang J, Snyder MP, Segal E and Chang HY "Landscape and variation of RNA secondary structure across the human transcriptome." Nature 2014 ; 505, 706–709
3. Aw JG, Shen Y, Wilm A, Sun M, Lim XN, Boon KL, Tapsin S, Chan YS, Tan CP, Sim AY, Zhang T, Susanto TT, Fu Z, Nagarajan N#, Wan Y# "In Vivo Mapping of Eukaryotic RNA Interactomes Reveals Principles of Higher-Order Organization and Regulation." Mol Cell 2016 May 19 ; 62(4) : 603-17 Epub 2016 May 12
4. Kertesz M*, Wan Y*, Mazor E, Rinn JL, Nutter RC, Chang HY, Segal E "Genome-wide measurement of RNA secondary structure in yeast." Nature 2010 Sep 2 ; 467(7311) : 103-7