Go back to the Job List
Research ScientistPosted by: CellOxess LLC
Posted date: Nov-17-2015
Location: Princeton, NJ / Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
The successful candidate will work on designing, validating, troubleshooting, and performing bioanalytical assays to identify new chemical entities and biologics as biomarkers of disease. Key areas of responsibility include the identification and implementation of new assay technology platforms and other approaches to improve our existing assays. Other responsibilities will include analysis of the content of biological fluids towards identification of novel biomarkers of cell oxidative stress. Literature searches, timely writing of reports and data presentations in team and dept. meetings will be required. Additionally, the ideal candidate will contribute to research projects, grant applications, technologies, publications, and generation of intellectual property or trade secrets by applying a broad range of scientific principles. Experience with flow cytometry, chromatography and other analytical techniques are desirable.
· Optimization and validation of assays according to current industry standards and regulatory guidelines.
· Direct laboratory efforts for assay development, optimization, validation and analysis support for preclinical and clinical studies.
· Provide comprehensive analytical expertise for isolation and identification of biomarkers of cell oxidative stress.
· Development and validation of complex new methods and assays focused on supporting clinical research in the areas of male and female fertility.
· Ensures data delivery against aggressive timelines.
· Exercises sound technical judgment to solve a wide range of scientific problems.
· Recommends new and innovative solutions to problems utilizing a high degree of scientific creativity, independent thought and proficiency.
· Ensures that laboratory notebooks are consistently updated, audited and well-maintained.
· Creates SOPs (Standard Operation Protocol) for assaying samples and writes up assay reports.
· Consults with clients, collaborators and colleagues to define/optimize projects
· Applies feedback from clients, collaborators and internal colleagues to develop new products and robust assays that fill important unmet market needs
· Research scientific literature and market needs and develop innovative solutions
· Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements and accepts leadership role in developing scientific approaches.
· Assist team members with review/modification/troubleshooting of experimental plans
· Prepare high quality scientific reports for internal and external oral presentation
· Writes grant applications
· Participate in internal and external scientific seminars and training and network with external experts
· The ideal candidate will possess a PhD in one of the following disciplines; Biochemistry, Bioanalytical chemistry, Bio-Organic Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Toxicology or other pertinent areas of chemistry or biology, with 1-2 years of experience in assay development.
· Candidates with expertise in cell oxidative stress and knowledge of analytical and spectroscopic techniques such as Flow Cytometry are preferred.
· Experienced applicants with BSc or MSc degrees may be considered.