Go back to the Job List
Postdoctoral position in Structural Biology at the CNIO, Madrid, SpainPosted by: Daniel Lietha
Posted date: May-08-2015
Location: Madrid, Spain
A fully funded 3-year post-doctoral position is available at the Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) in Madrid, Spain.
We are seeking a motivated scientist to join our group to study molecular mechanisms of cell signaling and adhesion. The project focuses on the structural and mechanistic characterization of signaling complexes formed at cell adhesion sites (see Goni et al, 2014, PNAS 111, 3177, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1317022111, for recent work). Candidates should have experience with structural methods, particularly electron microscopy and/or X-ray crystallography, but also knowledge of SAXS and biophysical methods are a plus.
The candidate will work with a team of highly motivated structural biologists and biochemists with collaborations both, within the CNIO with cell biology and computational groups, as well as externally with leading international research groups. For more information on the group see:
The CNIO offers:
• Access to state-of-the-art facilities for X-ray crystallography (crystallization and visualization robots, X-ray diffractometer …) and electron microscopy (FEI Tecnai G2 Spirit 120 kV, Lab6 filament, TVIPS camera with automatic data collection software).
• Access to biophysical equipment, such as 700MHz NMR, ITC200, BiaCoreX100, MALS etc.
• A vibrant, multi-disciplinary and international working environment.
• The opportunity to be part of a European Cancer Research Centre of excellence that successfully combines basic and applied research.
• Situated in one of Europe’s cultural capitals
Applications with CV and inquiries should be sent by email to Daniel Lietha (dliethacnio.es). All enquiries and applications will be treated confidentially.